Our approach to Privacy
- What Information Do We Collect?
1.1 Information You Give To Us
We receive and store any information you give to us, such as when you:
- Download our games;
- Enter our competitions;
- Interact with us via social media such
- Enter information on our website;
- Subscribe to our newsletters or other information feeds;
- Make an in-app purchase;
- Request technical support, make a compliment or complaint, or otherwise contact us directly; or
- Give us your information in another way.
1.2 Information Collected Automatically
We receive and store certain types of information automatically when you interact with us, such as:
- Information about how you use our Services. We use this information to design new Services, improve our games, and provide social features and to deliver our Servicesto you.
- When you sign-in to our games with Facebook, or other platform providers, we gather from that provider your basic profile information such as name, gender, age-range, your profile photo and friends list;
- Information about the device you use to access our Servicessuch as its model, operating system, platform, language and other technical information such as cookies. You can disable cookies through your web or phone browser settings but you may find that you are not able to enjoy all of the features of our Services if you do so;
- Your general location (i.e. city/country) based on your IP Address, so we know what language to use and so that we can provide Services that are applicable to your location;
1.3 Information From Third Parties
Sometimes we collect information about you from third parties, such as Apple, Inc, Facebook, or Google, Inc. We collect this information so that we can deliver services to you that you have requested. We collect this information:
- When you purchase our Services via the App Store, or Google Play Store, or other Storefront. We receive information about you such as the country you are in;
- If you log into our Services through a social media account (such as Facebook) we will collect your basic profile information such as your current profile picture and your friend list, this lets you interact with your friends who are also using our Services; and
- When you use in-app features such Game Center we will collect information such as your user name.
- How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we collect about you:
- For the purpose it was collected for (e.g. we will use that information to assist in the development and launch of our games, if you buy our merchandise we will use your information to complete the purchase, if you email us we will use your name and email to respond);
- To deliver our Services to you;
- To personalise and continually improve your experience of our Services;
- To offer our Services to you and to tell you about new Service offerings, updates and other information about our Services that might be relevant to you;
- To advertise our Services to you;
- To deliver advertisements for third party products and services to you;
- To provide multiplayer gaming, social networking and gaming console services to you. To do this we will exchange your information with third parties (such as Facebook, or Game Center) for the purpose of delivering these Services; and
- To perform our own analytics. We use analytical information for supporting business analysis and operations, business intelligence, product development, improving products and services, personalizing content, providing advertising, and making recommendations.
- To verify your compliance with our Terms of Service.
2.1 When Do We Disclose Information
We may disclose the personal information we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- If we are required or authorized to disclose by law or by a law enforcement agency;
- To our business partners in the course of providing our services to you, or generally in the conduct of our business. This may include organisations that provide services to us, such as payment processors or hosting services. Please see below for more information about third party services; and
- To avoid, lessen or prevent a serious emergency or crime. If we use or disclose personal information about you in those circumstances we will make a written record of such use or disclosure.
2.2 Childrens’ Privacy
Child Safe Apps
If your Zatun game is labelled a Child Safe App, it was built with child safety as a priority. Our Child Safe Apps have no data collection, nob-no in-app purchases and no links to external sites or apps, without the permission of their parent/guardians. We have Apple Parental gate in place for facebook sharing, In-App purchases, link to external sites and viewing our trailer on YouTube. We also have no behavioral ads in place.
We do not knowingly contact or collect information from children under 13 without the permission of their parent/guardians. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so we can promptly obtain parental/guardian consent or delete the information.
2.3 Third Party Services
We encourage you to be careful about the protection of your own personal information when using third party services such as social media platforms.
We also work with certain business partners, such as other game developers and advertising partners, and information collected from you may be shared through these partnerships.
2.4 Marketing, In-app Purchases & Opting-Out
2.4.1 Direct Marketing
Sometimes we will use your information to tell you about our Services and our news, such as new games we are launching, events we are running, or merchandise we sell. You can opt-out if you don’t want to receive this information.
2.4.2 in-app Purchase
Some of our games offer in-app purchases. Examples of in-app purchases are items you can purchase (for real or in-game currency) or other additional features. If you don’t want to make in-app purchases, don’t use these paid-for options and consider disabling in-app purchases on your device.
Ways to opt-out of our Services:
- If we send you an email, there will be an unsubscribe link;
- If we post updates via Facebook, you can ‘unlike’ our page and you will no longer get updates;
- If we use another type of social media you can opt-out using that service.
If you need help opting-out please contacts us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.5 Storage & Security
We store information on servers in Australia and in the United States.
Security is important to us and we strive to protect both your information and our information in the best possible ways. But there are inherent risks in transmitting information over the Internet and it is possible that we could be hacked. You should feel comfortable with this level of risk before you provide information to us, or use our Services. If you are not comfortable with this risk, please do not use our Services.
2.6 Access & Correction
You may request access to your personal information at any time by sending a written request to our Privacy Officer by mail at Zatun – 1, Laxmikunj, Nr. NID, Museum, Paldi, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India – 380007 or by email email@example.com
We may charge a small fee for providing access if it requires a significant amount of time to locate your information or to collect or present it in an appropriate form. We may decline your access if there are reasonable grounds for us to do so.
If your information changes, let us know so that we can update our records. If you would like us to de-activate your records that we hold, please tell us. Once de-activated, your data will not be accessible. However, due to system backups to various types of data storage media, your data may in some circumstances remain on these types of data storage media. There may be circumstances where we decline to de-activate your records.
If you have any concerns or complaints about your privacy please contact us by:
- Sending a written request to our Privacy Officer by mail at:
1, Laxmikunj, Nr. NID, Museum,
Paldi, Ahmedabad, Gujarat,
India – 380007
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Privacy Officer will respond to your complaint within a reasonable time after we receive it, provided you supply return contact details. If you do not provide return contact details, we will be unable to respond to your complaint, although we will consider its content.
- Updates to this Policy
- Addendum: Definitions
A unique ID that is generated for your device to track activity by advertising companies to improve their service in game. This is also known as Interest Based Advertising. You may be able to opt-out of this feature on some platforms.
Interpretation and interpolation of unidentified data to predict and isolate trends relating to game play and app use
A unique identifier which is randomly generated by your device
Remove and further restrict access provided by our Services by actioning the specific request.
A central game hub that retains information regarding game play statistics that is openly shared with the user. This includes high scores, global leader boards, friend’s lists and in-game achievements.
An in-game system that allows exchanging real money for virtual goods or in-game currency
IP Address (Internet Protocol Address)
A unique string of numbers separated by full stops or commas that identifies each computer using the Internet Protocol to communicate over a network. These numbers are usually assigned in geographic blocks.
Media Access Control (MAC) address
Is a unique identifier assigned to network interfaces for communications on the physical network layer
Services offered by us and includes our games, websites and related services.
An action provided by Facebook that allows a user to remove their name from a person’s follower list. As a result, the user will not receive further communication from the person they have stopped following.
An online business presence for sales. We work with the Apple App Store and Google Play storefronts as their primary storefront for.
Terms of Service
Rules and conduct standards that are defined that one must comply with to use the service.
Third party services
Services provided by a provider that is not owned or controlled by Zatun.
By clicking ‘unlike’ on Facebook you are removing your connection with the business, brand or product’s page that you had previously liked, you will no longer receive updates from that page and your name will be removed from their list of likes.